This new non-invasive, painless, accurate, quick test determines the concentration of the fluid on the surface of the eye and helps to quantify and diagnose if a dry eye is present.
There are many benefits of this new test:
- It can confirm the clinical diagnosis of Dry Eye
- It can help diagnose Dry Eye when clinical signs are not present during the eye exam
- It will help our doctors decide which type of Dry Eye treatment would be of best benefit
- It will quantify “how much” of a Dry Eye is present, and therefore help to determine if treatment is effective
- It will help us make our patients more comfortable faster with the additional information provided by this technology
Our doctors are very excited to be able to offer this new technology to our patients, continually striving to provide the best in eye care and comfort.